Of course New York, as a major foodie city, is Chef Madi’s next stop on Summer by Rail. The Northeast Regional will take Chef Madi to New York Penn Station, which serves more than 10 million Amtrak passengers every year through more than 15 different Amtrak trains. For Amtrak’s busiest station, these trains include:
- Acela Express to Boston and Washington D.C.
- Adirondack to Montréal
- Cardinal to Chicago
- Carolinian to Charlotte
- Crescent to New Orleans
- Empire Service to Albany and Niagara Falls, NY
- Ethan Allen Express to Rutland
- Keystone Service to Harrisburg
- Lake Shore Limited to Chicago
- Maple Leaf to Toronto
- Pennsylvanian to Pittsburgh
- Northeast Regional to Boston or Springfield and Roanoke, Newport News, or Norfolk
- Palmetto to Savannah
- Silver Meteor to Miami
- Silver Star to Miami
That’s a lot of trains.
Not only will Chef Madi be able to explore several great food scenes will in the Big Apple, she will also be able to utilize several different modes of public transportation throughout New York. Penn station alone provides access to New Jersey Transit and the Long Island Railroad, which see more than 27 million and nearly 70 million annual passengers, respectively.