For her last leg on the City of New Orleans, Chef Madi will be traveling to the Windy City – Chicago. The City of New Orleans will connect Chef Madi to the fourth-busiest rail terminal in the U.S., Chicago Union Station. On an average week day, the station sees about 10,000 Amtrak passengers, as well as 130,000 Metra commuters. In a year, Union Station serves about 3.4 million Amtrak passengers who traveling to and from places all over the country.
In addition to the City of New Orleans, Amtrak trains that service Chicago Union Station are:
- California Zephyr to Emeryville
- Southwest Chief to Los Angeles)
- Empire Builder to Spokane – Portland/Seattle
- Texas Eagle to San Antonio/Los Angeles
- Lincoln Service to St Louis)
- Illinois Zephyr and Carl Sandburg to Quincy
- Illini and Saluki to Carbondale
- Hiawatha Service to Milwaukee
- Hoosier State to Indianapolis
- Cardinal to New York
- Lake Shore Limited to Albany – New York/Boston
- Capitol Limited to Washington, D.C.
- Wolverine to Pontiac, MI
- Blue Water to Port Huron, MI
- Pere Marquette to Grand Rapids, MI
While in Chicago, Chef Madi will not only explore the great tastes of the city, but also the amazing sounds of Lollapalooza. The 4-day music festival is held at Grant Park, and features a variety of music, from pop, techno, alternative, rock, R&B, rap and more.
Chef Madi will also be staying at the St. Clair Hotel, a supporting sponsor of Summer by Rail. The historic St. Clair Hotel is conveniently located in walking distance to the Magnificent Mile – the commercial district in Chicago which is full of great restaurants and shops.